Sunday, August 22, 2010

Two Movies

I was not having big expectations on this movie either so when it started this evening, I just thought its going to be a mere waste of time. The moment the film- Naan Mahaan Alla- started, with a scene of some strangers attacking a young couple on the beach, I knew this is a film that can bring back memories. And it did not fail. The scenes where the couple enters the house of their friends, the mobile camera scene, the expression on the face of the guys forcing the girl, their drugged looks and the beasts in them that gets aroused and finally the blade, they all brought those those buried memories in me  alive gain.  

Even the railway station was shown as the same 'Perambur Station'. I still remember seeing the board that night and in this movie when one of those bad boys were shown killed at that same spot, I felt I was in there. I did not know if it was imagination, but felt real. The most disturbing scene was the one where they threaten or kill someone by slashing their throats with the pocket knife. I felt the lump in my throat as I watched it and felt numb. At one point, I was reaching out to the wound on my back and tried to feel it. It has healed completely. But the pain in my memory is still alive. 

As my mind was so blocked and was starring at the screen, my friend sitting next to me asked "do you like these? It is so gross. I don't know how you can watch these without blinking your eyes and your mouth wide open, you look like you are into it." I nodded in agreement. Even I felt the same way, I was into it. 

Usually movies don't even get into my head, I would have forgotten most of them as I leave the theater. But this one left a mark. Its the violence in it. After I came home, I knew I cannot sleep with this movie in my head. I wanted to watch something good and entirely different, more of a feel good movie. 


Though the title suggests that it will have lot of heart breaks still I chose my next movie to watch- 'He's just not that into you'. I felt it as a very good movie with lots of insights into human relationships and behavior. A very practical movie it was. Though there was a broken marriage at the end of the film, I did not feel bad about it. In fact for the first time, I thought that his how it should end and it did as I wished.


Finally that night, after I slept and was sailing in a boat, I saw him wandering around the shore as if searching for a private place to settle down. His eyes were with lust and I could sense his heat though at distance. All of a sudden I was with him and his hands were wrapped around my hips tight. This is my first time and I felt him raw and powerful. He forced himself into me and as I was withering with pain and pleasure as he reached his high like a powerful storm. When it was all over and as I was resting on his hairy chest, he said- hey its time, you got to go. My wife will be here any minute.


I woke up with a thud and I realized it was a dream, the effect of two movies back to back, with the best of both mixed in it.

No comments: