Sunday, August 8, 2010

Muthu




It was dusk and the dark clouds are back. I met him first near my home, in a deserted street. The lights were out and I could see his face too little in the moon light. Wearing a white dhoti and a shirt, he did look like an angel from the sky which would neither talk nor smile. I found him very reserved. Not a surprise I thought. 


After that day, its been few meetings with him now and he has not spoken much yet. But for some reason, I still did feel, I knew him too very well. May be I felt I could read his mind without him speaking a word.


A usual meeting it was again and we did not talk much that day too. Looking at his eyes, I understood what he said. His words were deep and strong. As his silent and peaceful words touched my soul my life, I gave myself to him. 


At least this time, I wanted him to tell me how he felt, by words. I wanted him to speak, I imagined his voice. I wanted him to tell me everything, I heard. He did smile when I wanted to, and loved me as I wanted to. 
I gave him a name- I called him Muthu.


I knew this is neither a dream nor mere imagination. May be my conscious longing that has transcended into a beautiful feeling. Sometimes dreams are remembered, sometimes they are made and felt. Every night after that, when I was in need of someone to lean on, to feel safe, for a warm hug or to love and be loved, Muthu came to me. 


He is the pearl that I planted in my oyster mind. He will be eternal and safe in me, until I realize he has grown too big enough to break the oyster. 


Can he?

No comments: