Sunday, September 5, 2010

Colors, Shades and Tones

This morning I got a call from one of my long time buddy. He is one whom I have met just once but still in touch over phone and we share every bit of what's happening in our life. He recently met a guy and is totally in love with him. Its nice to hear someone is in love and being loved. It always amazes me and knew people have to be very lucky to be there. Its odd that he is calling me on a weekend so I picked up the call- rather anxiously.


He said he has his boy friend with him and he wants to talk to me. I have heard him say me earlier that his boyfriend is kind of a person who believes that their relationship shall not publicized and flaunted. He wants it to be just between them. Seems he is just too concerned that it should last long and that no one should cast eye on what they have been blessed with. I have always thought how sweet he should be to be so possessive and caring about his relationship. So when my friend said, his boyfriend wants to talk to me, I was surprised. I spoke to him and he did sound sweet too. They both are so possessive about each other. I was truly glad by what my friend has. I could not stop showering praises on them. It always makes me so happy to see people in love. Lovely couple I thought. 


My friend is married and he is in love with this guy who will get married too. They are madly in love with each other. I only wished this love story lasts long and never wanted to imagine where it might lead. 


In the evening, while going home, when I got down from the bus I saw two guys talking to each other. One was sitting on his bike and the other was waiting for the bus. They were standing too close and could see them smiling happily and discussing something. For some reason, I smiled at them and walked away. After few steps, I looked back and heard them shout- 'He was looking at you- no no, he was looking at you....'


I was surprised and before I could turn back, the one on the bike was next to me. I also saw the other guy board a bus and wave at him. He said he noticed me smile at them and wanted to know whom I was smiling at. Was it at him or his friend. Though I knew it was his friend whom I actually smiled at, I said- it was you guys in total and none in particular. He understood that and asked me if I had time to talk for a few minutes. Since it was public and I felt safe, I agreed. 


He said, he and the other guy are together for eight years. The are like best friends and they knew each other so very well and have had lots of fun. I asked him are they couple. He said they love each other but not like a couple. He said they both would get married very soon but still would love and be together. They are very open to each other and he said he actually came to ask me whom I liked so that it would easy for them than fighting for me. I was flattered and at the same time I was truly amazed at their maturity. All I could tell him was, I felt happy and liked seeing them as a couple than enjoy one's company. He had a solution for that too. He asked me, if I was fine being with both of them at the same time. Weird I thought. 


Two different couple I met in a single day and two different perspectives to human relationships and 'love'. 


Love in so many colors, shades and tones each unique and special in its own way. Never just black and white. 

No comments: