Saturday, September 25, 2010

A 3D Comedy Show

All of a sudden I thought I should attend this Vidur Kapur's Stand up comedy at Museum Theater. Maybe I felt I should break this cocoon I'm building on myself and loosen a bit. I made the reservation and was on time. 

The person who was kind enough to give me those complimentary passes let me in and I sat next to a middle aged man. He seemed very polite and tried striking a conversation with me. During the conversation, all of a sudden he asked me- do you like 'Connecting People', for which I gave an instant reply- 'well, I'm not good in Connecting People'. I realized there are so many aspects to that statement. I know, I'm bad with 'connecting people' and 'connecting with people' as well. However, the person next to me understood that in a totally different manner and said- 'don't worry if you are bad in getting connecting physically because I'm an expert'. I know the comedy has already started well before Vidur showed up on stage.


The show started and right from minute one, it was hilarious to the core. I was totally enjoying it and was laughing, hooting and clapping aloud, though at times I knew was the only one doing it and drew attention. I was after all loosening up, whatever that meant. I liked his sarcasm and imitating accents. I really enjoyed those digs he took upon people in a comical way. I realized I have seen some of those lines already in Youtube, but it was nevertheless enjoyable. It was a great relief and I had a great evening as it took my mind off from many things nudging me for a while. 

A few minutes into the show, a cross dresser came and sat next to me on the other side. She kept hitting on me, trying to hold my hands and touching my body with her elbows, giving me those looks and even tried reaching my private parts. When it became too much that I was getting distracted from the show, I had to tell her, politely, can you please keep your hands towards your side of the arm rest. During this time I didn't realize while trying to avoid her, I had actually gone closer towards the middle aged person sitting on the other side of my seat, who now thought I was trying him and started giving me signs and looks. 

Overall, the show was a fabulous one that would be remembered for a long time. And yes, the drama on the seats next to me were totally a bonus. A 3D comedy show :)


No comments: