Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Journey to Heaven

It was a hectic Friday and almost eight in the evening when he called me and said his trip was cancelled and we can meet tomorrow. Finally I thought my prayer for the day was answered and too excited about meeting him. Usually the nights before I meet him would be pretty tough. I will be so excited, slip into palpitation and will have a mild headache. I will loose sleep and would have to use every technique known to induce one. This time around, nothing worked. I had to use few pills too. I think I slept at around two in the morning.


I usually will try to catch the earliest possible bus in the morning so that I could get to spend most of the time with him that day. Just to make sure I loose no time in the morning, I packed his gift, I chose my clothes that I would wear, packed things I had to carry, even my shoes, the night before itself. I had a quick bath after I woke up, got myself ready and was there in the bus stop very early- at four in the morning.


It felt as if the bus is taking forever to reach the terminal, thirty minutes- the usual time. At the bus terminal I boarded the bus that will take me to his place. Since it was not a holiday season the crowd was too less in the bus. The conductor decided to wait for few more minutes before taking off to make sure he made reasonable business out of this trip. I had no choice but to curse him for delaying the journey.


At last the bus started, half full. It was summer and I could feel the warmth of the sun already. I experienced what seemed like some kind of a disorder which forced me to look into my watch every five minutes and wonder why is it taking so long. At one point, I realized I was looking at my watch every minute.  I knew by looking at my watch constantly I will not reach the destination early. Still I thought why is time moving so slowly and why is the bus crawling like a snail. I became oblivious to everything happening around me in the bus. All I could think of is meeting him and just him. 


The journey of three hours- that I felt like eternity- finally came to end. 
An eternal journey to heaven- to the land of my love.

No comments: